Junior Project Engineer
March 9, 2021
This position is based out of our Houston, Texas office.
CCI & Associates Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for assisting the project team with all project deliverables, related documents and coordination of project requirements. Assist with designs, conduct calculations, draft documents and complete cost estimates in accordance with industry and CCI Inc.’s codes and standards. This is a junior level position and the incumbent will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Project Manager and Project Engineer.
- Assist with the completion of:
- Cost estimates
- Detailed design calculations
- Detailed technical report preparation
- Project schedules
- Engineered drawing development & drafting
- Checking and sign-off
- Equipment sizing
- Specifications and datasheets
- Equipment and material requests for quotes, evaluation and award
- Project cost management
- Quality control and checking
- Technical coordination with various disciplines
- Assist with environmental and regulatory applications and submissions and stay informed of the latest directives and requirements
- Maintain and grow a working knowledge of the applicable design codes and standards including CSA Z662-07, ASME B31.1, PRCI, etc.
- Assist with overall project execution and delivery including document control, project filing and project administration
- Assist with business development proposals and studies as required
- Occasional travel to site for: information gathering, as-building, P&ID walkdowns, start-up activities and troubleshooting tasks
- Assist in developing and standardizing templates and commonly issued project documents/calculations to improve overall efficiency of the company’s operations
- Bachelor’s Degree of Engineering
- Registration as an Engineer in Training
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience
- Summer Student experience in a related field an asset
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org