September 14, 2021
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team in the Construction Department. This is a field based contract position.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position
- Act as the clients’ representative on site in a professional manner
- Review, monitor and report all applicable contract documents, codes, standards and legislation that apply to the scope of work and specifically the task being execute
- Actively participates in the Contractors daily safety meetings including JSA’s and conduct CCI specific JSA and complete Daily Inspection and HSE Reports
- Issue and monitor work authorization permits, document complete with photographs site and work activities and collect as-built information
- Monitor the Contractor’s adherence to the HDD Design and report any deviations.
- Report on rates of penetration, bit and reamer changes, steering corrections, lost circulation attempts and adjustments to the drilling plan, drill path changes, and operational changes
- Conduct a detailed safety checklist to ensure that the Contractors equipment meets the industry safety standards, and ensure that all equipment has the proper certifications
- Assist the Contractor in the work pad and access development including equipment towing
- Implement drilling fluid disposal method, procedures, and locations as per the Mud Disposal Plan. This will include the gathering of soil samples for sump compliance and the coordination of resources to complete the work
- Complete the HDD Daily Inspection Report, HDD Drilling Fluid Report, HDD Steering Report on a daily basis
- Coordination of Emergency Response Plan, orientations, collection of Contractors employees training certificates and contact list
- Where required, collect samples of soils and/or cuttings for analysis
- Minimum 5 years in HDD inspection or management
- Any HDD steering experience is an adavantage
- Formal education an asset, but not required
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org