Geotechnical Field Logging Position
This Position is based out of our Houston Office.
CCI & Associates Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, intercept design projects, specialized pullhead design, and pipeline pull-force modelling.
Now is the best time to join our team!
Summary of Position:
This casual position is responsible for undertaking primarily field work, with the possibility of some office work, related to geotechnical investigation activities. Duties will include field logging of soil and rock during geotechnical investigations, undertaking site visits, and completion of pre ground disturbance procedures such as one calls and locates, as required. Although work is primarily in Texas, the successful candidate will be expected to travel throughout the United States. The position will not have guaranteed minimum hours, however there may be a possibility for full time position after a successful trial period.
- Be able to travel to remote locations throughout the United States and spend extended periods of time in the field.
- Perform logging of geotechnical soil samples acting as the Ground Disturbance Supervisor during drilling investigations. Work will include supervision of solid/hollow stem auger, mud/air rotary, ODEX, and coring techniques; for ground-supported (truck, ATV or track-mounted) investigations.
- Logging of borings in accordance with the Unified Soil Classification System (USCS), and adherence to CCI & Associates Ground Disturbance procedures.
- Undertake site visits, as required to assess drilling equipment access to planned boring locations.
- Perform installation of geotechnical instrumentation such as standpipes or piezometers and assist with data analysis.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other members of CCI & Associates.
- Experience working around drilling rigs or heavy equipment. Experience planning and executing geotechnical field investigations will be considered a strong asset.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, with emphasis in geotechnical engineering, a degree in the field of Geology, or technical courses in the field of soil sciences is considered a strong asset, but not required.
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn and take additional responsibilities.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Nature of Work:
- Primarily field work, with the possibility of a small amount of office time.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com